This first picture is what I took today after deciding that I would do the Christmas Countdown. You can't tell but only one person in this photo has clothes on. hahaha.... story of my life. I am not sure why, but my kids hate clothes. Now that Kayla is in kindergarten she leaves her clothes on a lot more but I wonder how old she will get before she decides she needs to be dressed always! Now it's Joey, which is worse then Kayla. I really try to keep him dressed, but now that we're potty training - well, you'd just have to have a boy to understand.
This next picture we took after the 4-H Family Night Out tonight. Jaida is in a 4-H after school program. Tuesday's and Thursday's she stays for 1.5 hours and does homework, reading, and fun activities with some college mentors. She loves it! I love going to the Family Night's because they provide dinner and fun activities. Tonight we talked about family traditions, ate dinner and took family pictures. Then they gave us each a gingerbread house kit to do with our families. It was great, it made me think of ALL kinds of traditions we should start doing in our family.
I am excited for Christmas but at the same time not excited. Why does this holiday have to be all about the presents?My goal this year is to make this Christmas more spiritual, and to help the kids understand why we have Christmas.
The first scripture of the month is Isiah 7:14
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
No comments:
Post a Comment