Thursday, December 09, 2010

Christmas Countdown Calendar Day 9

Santa Claus is coming to town!

We went to our ward Christmas party tonight and the kids had a blast! The whole place was decked out. The food was crappy but the kids didn't eat anything anyway (surprise), and as you can see from the pictures our "Santa" was pretty crappy too... Our camera died before we could get Kylan's picture - which oh well, we'll be seeing another Santa in a few days.

The great thing about the party was the Balloon guy - dressed as Santa's elf! I asked Kayla what her favorite thing about the party was and she said, "The balloon guy." Balloon guy knows my kids by name - I'm not kidding. They have seen him three times this year and every time he talks to them, asks them questions, and is really a great guy! I really need to book him for some kind of party??

Kayla was having an off night or something. She was being her wild and crazy self and came back to the table crying because she was playing with someone and hit her head. Then she was crying because she didn't like the balloon hat Balloon Guy made for her (I told her she was being so ungrateful ). Then she cried because she couldn't find an empty present box to take home. Then she cried in the van on the way home because Jaida did something to her. At that point I just told her to quit crying... yes, very insensitive of me. (I'm just really glad Kayla had clothes on for this post)

As I was up for the third time this morning nursing Kylan back to sleep and thinking of everything that still needs to be done for Christmas I decided I was starting to hate Christmas right about...... now!

No comments:

Post a Comment