Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My Merry Carolers Day 21

Happy Winter! I didn't realize the first day of winter was in December. It sure was warm!

I sent Jaida, Kayla and Joey down to one of the neighbors to give them our Christmas neighbor gift. I didn't even think of taking a picture, so just imagine this. Jaida was wearing a long sleeved shirt, shorts, polka dot rain galoshes and a black umbrella. Kayla was wearing a purple and gray striped dress with brown Hannah Montana cowboy boots and a pink Dora umbrella. Joey wore pants, shirt, boots and a spider man umbrella. No coats, hats or gloves...it was pretty warm for a wintery, rainy day.

So I sent them off, down the street with Kayla barely holding on to the tin-foil wrapped plate.

I headed to the bedroom to take advantage of the quiet and put Kylan to sleep. After awhile I hear little kid voices and I think "Oh no, they dropped the plate and are coming back for more." But listening really close I can hear singing.

Monty comes in and says, "Did you know your kids are walking down the street singing Christmas Carols?"

And I missed it! I could have been recording them, taking pictures of them or just watching and listening. I'm sure it was quite the site, our little orphan-dressed children singing carols under umbrellas and strolling down the road.

A little bit later Hannah, Sidney and Jenna came over to play. When I left to get my hair cut I told Monty to send all the kids out to deliver the rest of the gifts. So five little girls headed out to sing sing Up On The Rooftop to Duane Raymer, We Wish You A Merry Christmas to Rhetta Nelson (Jaida said Rhetta joined right in), Jingle Bells to Don Harris and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer to Reed Rowley.

Awe, good times., I love my neighbors. I wonder how long I'll be able to keep my kids caroling them?

No comments:

Post a Comment