Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I Can Still Make Today: Day 14

I have three minutes left of today.

Today I saved our neighbor's dog of being eaten by the mean, killing machine named Blake. I heard Chip barking and barking and barking. I finally went out on the deck and all the other neighbor's dogs were in Chip's backyard. He was hiding between the fence and the plastic swimming pool barking and barking.

Blake had torn through the fence before killing the previous dog. What kind of dog tears through fences trying to get to other dogs? Anyway, I ran over and as soon as I opened the back gate all three dogs slinked back through the hole - well they tried. One couldn't make it so I had to move the bucket blocking the hole so he could go through.

Chip was L-U-C-K-Y! He had dog slobber all over the back of him and a puncture wound in the neck area. I grabbed him and took him home.

Blake has killed one dog, attacked our dog twice, sending him to the vet the first time with stitches - I'm pretty sure I've blogged about that. And he's gone after another dog, on a leash on the walking trail. This is only what I know about - he used to get out all the time so I am sure there are other incidents.

It's this dogs time to go...

2 comments:

  1. That's scary, lucky that you could do something, and sorry for the one that died.
    Pls be careful and wish the dog owner take better care of this dog, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's scary, lucky that you could do something, and sorry for the one that died.
    Pls be careful and wish the dog owner take better care of this dog, seriously.

    ReplyDelete