We read our December 2nd Bible scripture this morning, Luke 2:1-7
1 ¶ And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.
2 (And this taxing was first
made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)
3 And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.
4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is cal
led Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)
5 To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
6 And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
7 And she brought forth
her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

Jaida stayed home from school today. It was actually really nice because she entertained both Joey and Kylan and I was able to get quite a bit done. They went downstairs for a little bit and when they came back up Joey told me he had peed downstairs, ulg! I took Kylan down with me and did a little laundry. Kylan grabbed a toy off the ground and when I went to pick him up I smelled poop! Not little baby Kylan poop, but big Joey poop - GROSS! THAT IS WHAT KYLAN PICKED UP!! Joey had pooped all over the floor, big and little balls of it. So I go around picking it up. And by the way I did not have my contacts in so I was pretty much blind. I looked around all over really close to make sure I got everything. Went back into the laundry room and
squish, GROSS! I stepped on a piece that I'd missed. I still think there is more in the laundry room but will have to put on my contacts before I check it out.
So to clarify, my post today is about the cute little monkey in the picture, to help me realize how blessed I am to have such an entertaining, cute, little almost three-year old.
After the whole poop ordeal I was sitting on the couch with Kylan and all of a sudden hear water running. I yell, "JOEY!" He is behind the couch watching himself pee on the floor!! Okay so I grab him, put him in the bathroom and tell him to finish in there. I come back out and start making grilled cheese sandwiches. I start hearing tapping in the bathroom and say, "Joey are you writing on the mirror?" He calls back, "No." "Are you drawing on the mirror with soap?" "No." So I go in the bathroom and he has written in a nice bright blue crayon all over the toilet seat, the stool, the floor, the cupboards, all over the vanity, the counter top, and the door frame. Oh my gosh it was (is) EVERYWHERE!
I put him in his room and tell him to stay. I was hoping he'd fall asleep. No luck there. A while later I get him out of his room and he's playing. After awhile I look over from the computer and he's got a pair of scissors trying to cut Kylan's hair! "OH MY GOSH, JOEY, get in your room!"
Still he does not fall asleep and I let him out. I don't know how much later, but I walk into the living room and he is sitting at the rocking chair with Monty's scriptures tearing out pages!! That was it. I yelled at him to get into his room, again. So he's running past me and for some reason I go to grab his hand, it slips out of mine and makes him fall right into the doll house! He banged his head really hard on one of the corners (luckily it was rounded plastic). So now he's bawling, bawling because of his head and I carry him into his room but still so upset about everything that I'm furious that he got hurt.
Finally he falls asleep and is as sweet as can be when he wakes up. Tonight when I was laying by him he says, "Your da best friend." What a sweetie and what a monster. I sure do love my Joe, I just hope I can make it through his three-year old year.
Now why can't I be more forgetful and forgiving?
LOL that was quite a day! That is so sweet what he said to you. It makes it worth all the frustration we go through sometimes! More than a few times I have gone to bed angry with them and gotten up in the middle of the night to look at their sweet innocent faces and kiss them, feeling bad that I didn't have enough patience with them. I'll have to work on that.
ReplyDeleteI hate that! Going to bed mad at the kids, and in the morning the kids don't even remember or even think about the previous day. They just love you again.
ReplyDeleteLOL that was quite a day! That is so sweet what he said to you. It makes it worth all the frustration we go through sometimes! More than a few times I have gone to bed angry with them and gotten up in the middle of the night to look at their sweet innocent faces and kiss them, feeling bad that I didn't have enough patience with them. I'll have to work on that.
ReplyDelete