I've been taking two hour naps with Jaida almost everyday this week and I'm still exhausted when bedtime rolls around. I feel like I've accomplished something when I can get at least one load of laundry done. Yesterday I finished the last book of a four-part series, "The Rune Lords". I think it took me less than two months to finish the whole series. I love all that fantasy fiction stuff, and the author is local - living in St. George. The website talks about Christian Duguay signing to direct an $80 million epic adventure "The Runelords". That should be pretty interesting because the special effects will have to be amazing if they are to follow the descriptions in the book.
I've decided to find out if we're having a boy or a girl - this way it will MAKE us start thinking of names. Plus it will be so much easier since we'll only have to think of either a boy name or a girl name.
I've never heard of this series, but I'll have to tell Kevin about it. He likes fantasy novels. I'm much more into murdery and mystery myself!
ReplyDeleteI was just thinking about asking you if you knew what you were having. I was planning on asking you today at work. I think it would be easier if you knew what sex the baby was. Then you could come up with a bunch of gender-specific names and when the baby is born, pick the one you think fits best with the child.
Why oh why can't it be as easy as it sounds? :)
ReplyDeleteBecause, even if you picked a bunch of names based on the sex of the baby, the kid would still be born and you'd look at it and say "Hmm... none of these names fit this baby." It's just the way it goes, nothing with kids is supposed to be easy, right? My sister-in-law and her husband can't ever think of names. So once the baby is born, they call my mother-in-law and say "Tell us a bunch of male(female) family names." She'll start saying a bunch of them and finally one name will 'click' and they'll use it. They've done that with two kids so far.
ReplyDeleteHmmm, that's a pretty good idea. Knowing us though we'll probably have to call more than one person.
ReplyDeleteBecause, even if you picked a bunch of names based on the sex of the baby, the kid would still be born and you'd look at it and say "Hmm... none of these names fit this baby." It's just the way it goes, nothing with kids is supposed to be easy, right? My sister-in-law and her husband can't ever think of names. So once the baby is born, they call my mother-in-law and say "Tell us a bunch of male(female) family names." She'll start saying a bunch of them and finally one name will 'click' and they'll use it. They've done that with two kids so far.
ReplyDelete