Monday, June 28, 2004

Sleepless Nights

Last night Jaida was tossing and turning in her bed and I was trying to sleep next to her. She started pushing me saying, “Go away.” So I said, “Fine,” and got into my bed. Pretty soon she comes over and wants to lay by me. I let her, and I bet for about 30 or 40 minutes she kept tossing and turning. I was almost off the bed trying to keep my distance when I finally got mad and got up to get a drink. I brought the cup back almost full and Jaida sat up so I gave her the cup. It was dark and I couldn’t see really clear, but I saw her take a drink, lie down, and take another drink! I yelled, “Jaida that is not a sippy cup!” But it was too late, and there was water everywhere. I was already mad that I was still awake, and then we had to towel up the water, change the sheets, and find new pillows. We made her sleep in her bed and she cried for a while but stayed there ‘til about 3 a.m. when she came sneaking back to our bed. My advice to everyone is to not let your kids sleep with you unless you have a really big bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment