Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!

New Year's Eve was pretty mellow at our house. We had another candle light dinner and then watched Shrek 4. No party favors, fire works or snack food. Monty had the kids play a funny game where you tape a number to their back and they have to hop around on one foot trying to see the other person's number. Kayla won the first game and Jaida won the second game. Then they tried to play Guestures which is kind of like charades. From the bedroom, where I was trying to put Kylan to sleep, I could hear Monty yelling, "Look at me!" Then Kayla was crying because she wanted to do it... when I finally came out Monty had turned on the tv and Jaida was whining that she didn't want to watch anything. I could not stay up any longer. Being sick AND having a sick baby wears me out more than usual. At 10:30pm the fun-hater (me) went to bed.

I only remember Monty coming in and saying something to me. The next morning there were pans and wooden spoons out in the living room - how could I not hear that??

We didn't set any resolutions, but we did get out of the house for dinner. You'll never guess where we went?! In the words of Kayla, "Ho Mcdonalds." Kids had a blast and Joey kept taking everything off after I would put it on because he didn't want to leave. I also made him pee all over the back of his pants because I'm a girl and have no idea how to get a little boy to go to the bathroom that has a toilet that's five feet off the ground (I told Monty and he of course knew exactly what I should have done). hee hee hee

Here's to a new year of funny words, getting rid of our noisy rooster, Kayla learning to read, Kylan starting to talk, no more pooping on the floor from Joey and Lots of Love for Monty!

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Tanya, Monty, Jaida, Kayla, Joey & Kylan!!
    Wishing you all wonderful times all year and keep sharing them in your blog!
    Love & miss you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun -- pots and wooden spoons, very creative! We were so beat from all the packing, moving, unpacking, and cleaning last week that we all slept for the majority of the day on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun -- pots and wooden spoons, very creative! We were so beat from all the packing, moving, unpacking, and cleaning last week that we all slept for the majority of the day on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete