Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Other Mother

 
Dear kids.
This week and today have been super stressful for me. I have been trying to wean Keira at night and am getting little sleep. Kylan has been running away left and right, and ran behind a lady backing up in the softball parking lot tonight. I've been playing the mental game all day with Jaida for softball. After an exhausting (five kids), frustrating (had to go back home to get cleats and then talk you into playing), exciting (cuz Jaida you hit and scored at the game), harrowing (kylan) few hours of softball by myself with five kids I came home sat on the couch and said, "You are going to have to find a new mother. I cannot do it anymore. These past few days have killed me off and I can't do it anymore. I'm sorry but you'll have to find a new mom. Can you believe that you all became really concerned? Like really concerned? Kayla started crying real tears and hugging me saying, "I don't want another mom!" Jaida started blaming it all on Kylan, and I don't think Kylan really understood what was going on. Joey on the other hand was a little bit concerned. You came and stood by the couch holding a mysterious present that was sitting in the living room when we got home. You were playing with the ribbon and asking why you have to find another mother. After all my explanations, Kayla's tears and Jaida's blame game Joey quietly says, "Well our other mother would let us open this." All while stroking the ribbon on the beautifully wrapped package.
WHAT?!
I then chased you around the house, kicked your butt and tickled you! Our other mother...

1 comment:

  1. Julie9:22 PM

    That's so sad. and funny. I'm glad your story had a funny ending.

    ReplyDelete