
I sent Jaida out to feed the chickens today and I hear her screaming, "MOM, MOM, MOM!!!" My first thought was that the chickens were pecking her to death. I run out onto the deck and she's holding a small light brown egg. Awesome! Our chickens have started laying. She went back into the coop and found two more.
I'm so eggcited (sorry, couldn't help that one)! Now we can just run outside to get some farm fresh eggs. All we need now is a cow for milk and a pig for bacon.

The kids are out front right now showing the neighbor girls their new eggs! Jaida has them all wrapped up in a blanket and tucked away in bucket. They've actually been gone for a really long time...which probably means they've broken all the eggs and don't want to tell me. Or I guess it could also mean that they are playing house and Jaida is the momma chicken that just laid three eggs! I'll keep you posted on that one.
I told you I'd get back to you on this: The eggs all came back home safe and sound.
ReplyDeleteWhen I had Jaida read my post she first pointed out that I spelled "Bak" wrong and then she said, "Mom, I would never pretend like I was a momma chicken and say, 'look at all the eggs I just laid!'" Hahahaha! She totally would!
I told you I'd get back to you on this: The eggs all came back home safe and sound.
ReplyDeleteWhen I had Jaida read my post she first pointed out that I spelled "Bak" wrong and then she said, "Mom, I would never pretend like I was a momma chicken and say, 'look at all the eggs I just laid!'" Hahahaha! She totally would!