Friday, September 03, 2010

Kayla Starts Kindergarten!

What a day! First of all, the first day of school for Jaida was on the 19th. Kayla had to wait clear until the 31st to start. It's such a huge let down to the kids when they watch their older sister get on the bus for two weeks before they can. Oh well, that's just how it goes. So anyway, I didn't really talk it up or get her excited until a few days before she actually started. The week before she got to go and meet her teacher, Mrs. Jones, create a little picture, and see the classroom.

Both girls were really excited for Kayla to be going. In the morning Ethan and Nathan came to the door and Kayla kept saying, "I get to ride the bus for the first time!" She was VERY excited!! We all got ready and walked her to the bus stop. When we got there Joey kept darting out into the road. He wouldn't go far from the curb, but its a really busy street and it was WAY to far for my liking. So Jaida, Sidney and Hannah were helping me keep him on the sidewalk. I wanted to take more pictures but these where the only ones I got. Nathan is right in front of Kayla and Ethan is in front of Nathan. They have a little brother, Lathan, born the same day as Kylan.

So all the excitement, nervousness, stress, and frustration of getting two little girls off to school in the morning and Kayla is only there for two and a half hours. However today she was about 40 minutes late getting home. I guess it took them longer to organize all those little 5-year olds.

So here she is getting off the bus and when she gets closer, this is how she looks:

I could not get her to smile for anything! I asked her why she was so sad and she said that she was crying when she had to come home. I said, "Oh, you were sad because you didn't want to leave school?" No! She was crying because she wanted to ride the "red" bus not the "blue" bus. I told her that they didn't know that your favorite color was red and so they assigned the "blue" bus to take her home. She just couldn't understand that and kept asking, "Why?"

Come on Kayla, let's just a little, tiny smile!

I finally got a smile from her when I showed her what we were having for lunch. Macaroni and cheese with a hot dog octopus.

She had a really fun day and the funnest part was having a turtle race. She said that it wasn't a competition, but she winded.

No comments:

Post a Comment