We listened to President Bennion, a student speaker, and then Mike Leavitt gave the commencement address. Afterward, I found my family and we went outside to take pictures. We ate lunch at the Chinese Buffet - and luckily they gave us a room to ourselves. When lunch was over some people went to the park with the kids and others went back to my house. I had a headache so I went back to the house.
At 1:30pm I was back at the Centrum lined up in the tunnel. We filled out another form with our address, and then I phonetically spelled my name out so they would be able to pronounce it correctly. We lined up and marched in. We shook the faculty's hands and waved to our families in the crowd. We listened to two student speakers and then they started lining us up to get our diplomas. Besides writing it, I was able to tell them how to pronounce my name. "Tanya Sitthichai Fielding." I walked across the stage and could hear my family shouting and clapping for me - I think Emmett was mostly who I could hear. :) I stood by the Dean of the Business department with my diploma in hand and had my pictures taken. Then we stepped off the stage to have our picture taken again.
The whole awarding of diploma's only lasted about an hour and afterward I found my family again and we went outside to take pictures. The wind was blowing so hard I kept losing my hat.
We all went to my house and relaxed for a bit. My aunt and uncle gave me a small gas grill to take camping and a beautiful jewelry set. Then I got money from my mom and dad - which I went and bought Photoshop CS with, money from Shay and Judy, money from Jim and Belinda, and money from my Uncle Ray.
It was an awesome day for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment