Friday, June 10, 2011

On My Mind

Dear Jaida, since it's been forever since I've blogged I just need to say a couple of things that have been on my mind. 1. Setting my alarm clock for 5am is just mean! Plus it woke up Kylan - I was not happy.  2. Listening to you tell me about every detail of your Hands-On-History Day 1, at the Frontier Museum was awesome, I'm so glad you loved it - especially since you have seven more weeks! 3. You being excited to go to a new school is something I did not expect, especially when you heard about the dress code.  We got into the van and you said, "Mom can we go to the store right now and buy me some collared shirts?" Love ya Miss J, now be NICE to your sister!

Dear Kayla, I know you don't want to learn to ride your bike without training wheels, but you'll do ANYTHING for a peanut butter cup. :)  Why is it that you are the only one that will eat?  Why do you come home from each softball game and say, "It was so booorring." All the girls came home from the Hands-On-History camp so excited and you said, "It was so booorring!"  I think that your idea of the perfect day is sitting in front of the TV.
Dear Joey, yes Dad was mean to make you think he was going to bike you off into the water, but it was funny at the same time.  By the way, you cried for an hour today because you wanted me to fold your blue and white striped blanket into a teeny tiny square and I wasn't able to.  Your tantrums are getting out of control - I think it might be funny to list them daily...
Tantrum 1: I wouldn't make popcorn or cookies for your breakfast.
Tantrum 2: I wouldn't get your milk cup for you.
Tantrum 3: You thought there was pee on the couch and wanted me to cover it with a teen tiny square blanket but I couldn't fold the blanket small enough.
Tantrum 4: I could NOT understand what you were saying so you cried and cried and cried...
Dear Kylan, Jenna loves taking care of you - you are so lucky! You are only 16 months and I put you in Joey's 3T outfit and it fit you just great.  I think you'll for sure be bigger than Joey. You are really starting to try and talk now and you love trying to keep up with the bigger kids and going everywhere they go.
Dear Monty, you are a great DAD!

1 comment:

  1. Suesit3310:14 PM

    Quinn and I have been sitting here reading this post and laughing so hard! Your blog posts crack me up. Too bad most things about parenting aren't quite so funny when they're happening to YOU...all day everyday.

    ReplyDelete