This morning we went on a 2 mile hike with the monthly Family Hiking Series group. Last summer I was pretty disappointed in my kids' hiking ability, but today they made me proud!
Dear Jaida, you have got to start letting me take your picture, I can't get good pictures when I have to sneak them...although this backside picture of Monty isn't so bad. Ha!
I will never actually say this to you (you'll have to read about it), but when that 12-year old girl stuck out her hand in front of you and said, "Umm excuse me, you need to stay on the trail and stay behind me so I can catch up to my mom," I rolled my eyes. You said something to me about it and I told you that she was scared and that's why she said that. You said, "She is scared?! That is just weird!!" I guess I now know why I love my not-scared-of-anything kids...oh wait, you won't go downstairs by yourself. ;)
Dear Kayla, you'll never guess what you were saying before I took this picture... "This is sooo booooring!" It took you almost the whole hike, but you eventually started having fun.
At least you'll still pose for pictures for me!
Dear Monty, in this pic you look like some awesome hiker man (that's just my perspective).
Dear Joey, you were pretty happy all day - only one tantrum that I can remember and it of course had to do with your sippy cup. You wanted the pink cup, but not the pink lid that went to it, you wanted the other pink lid that didn't fit and then argued with me when I SHOWED you that it didn't fit.
Dear Jaida, you have got to start letting me take your picture, I can't get good pictures when I have to sneak them...although this backside picture of Monty isn't so bad. Ha!
I will never actually say this to you (you'll have to read about it), but when that 12-year old girl stuck out her hand in front of you and said, "Umm excuse me, you need to stay on the trail and stay behind me so I can catch up to my mom," I rolled my eyes. You said something to me about it and I told you that she was scared and that's why she said that. You said, "She is scared?! That is just weird!!" I guess I now know why I love my not-scared-of-anything kids...oh wait, you won't go downstairs by yourself. ;)
![]() |
| Who thinks this looks like me (Tanya) as a kid? |
At least you'll still pose for pictures for me!
Dear Monty, in this pic you look like some awesome hiker man (that's just my perspective).
Dear Joey, you were pretty happy all day - only one tantrum that I can remember and it of course had to do with your sippy cup. You wanted the pink cup, but not the pink lid that went to it, you wanted the other pink lid that didn't fit and then argued with me when I SHOWED you that it didn't fit.





I agree that she looks like you in the 3rd pic : )
ReplyDeleteAnd it's funny coz she totally didn't look like bored in the next picture..