Dear Kayla, the other day you came home crying because no one wanted to play with you at recess and the other Kayla didn't want to sit by you on the bus. Just so you know, that hurts my heart! :( Today, all the girls were at Kasei's house and she wouldn't let you play with them. You were so sad and wanted to go to the park to play and visit your "kingdom tree". After watching you play in your kingdom tree and play by yourself I packed up Kylan and headed over to play with you. We had fun swinging, going down the slide, and writing in the sand. After awhile I said, "Kayla, who needs friends when you have me?" She responded, "Yep!"

Above: Kayla's Kingdom Tree
Below: Kayla drew this picture of me! :)
Oh bless her little heart! A lot of my memories of growing up are like this and it makes me want to cry to hear about Kayla having similar experiences. I'm so glad you took the time to comfort her and play with her yourself -- she'll always really, really need your friendship even if her way of coping when she's a older is to act like she doesn't.
ReplyDeleteKids can be so mean! As a mom you really have no idea what to do sometimes. I will take your advice and hope that we'll always have an open communication.
ReplyDelete