My hometown was having a dinner and auction to raise funds for playground equipment. There was a HUGE turnout and I got to see a lot of people I haven't seen in awhile and talk to an old friend. While the auction was going on they had face painting in a separate room for the kids. After leaving Joey and Kayla in there for maybe 20 minutes I went back to check on them and found Joey bawling his eyes out. He was hiding under the piano, he'd peed his pants and was the most upset I think I've ever seen him. He said that the girls wouldn't paint his face so I asked him what he wanted, "A Flower!" So we go over to one of the girls and they ask him what he wants, "A flower."
Dear Joey, you saw all the girls getting flowers on their cheeks so of course that's what you wanted. It sure wasn't the best flower but it made your night!

Dear Grandpa, thank you for holding Kylan most of the night. I'm still in shock that he let anyone hold him at all - especially for that long. :)

Dear Jaida, you had the best time - I hardly saw you at all. Thank you for helping them clean up by sweeping the floor. Everyone appreciates a hard worker!!

Dear Kayla, thank you for sitting by me to eat dinner and dessert. I think you were the only one that ate. ;)

The silent auction items I WON! I now have 48 hours of Jack Bauer!
No comments:
Post a Comment