Friday we went to my sister's graduation at BYU. Suzanne recieved a BA in Music, Dance, Theatre. After the ceremony we went outside to take pictures - it was so pretty and guess who was only able to take a few pictures before the batteries died? I was so mad, but before we left I could not find our extra batteries anywhere. After leaving BYU we went to Tara's house to feed and change Kayla. On our way to Arie's house, where we would be staying, we stopped by Pier 49 Pizza to get dinner. I can't believe how much has changed in Sugar House. While waiting for the pizza we ran into Mark and Carolyn who were in our singles branch years and years ago. Mark is a geologist working in Ogden and they have three kids. It was strange running into them - what a small world.
We get to Arie's, eat dinner and then take our stuff downstairs. Immediately Jaida runs to this marble looking toy that I'm thinking looks really familiar but I can't place where I've seen it. Arie says, "Remember that 3-d marble bingo we used to play at Uncle Ray's house? He gave it to me." Wow, that was more than 20 years ago that we used to play with that thing. We were so careful not to lose any of the marbles. I would have taken a picture of that if I had batteries in my camera.
The next morning we ate at The Original Pancake House. It was so good!! I got the Coconut Waffle with Tropical Syrup, yummm. However after thinking about we really got ripped off. $6.75 for a waffle that I could make for .25 cents? But, I will probably go back for breakfast if I get the chance :).
After breakfast it was off to the zoo. Jaida and Monty had a really good time. I mostly wheeled Kayla around in the wagon we rented thinking to myself, "Those poor animals," and ,"I would hate to be locked up in THAT cage with people staring at me. Also for some strange reason I was really looking forward to the hippos but the hippo had been moved to Albuquerque. I'm glad Jaida had fun. She really like the monkeys, and penguins. After the zoo we made a quick stop to one of my old friends, Jerry. This is his 20th year at Hertz, I'm surprized I lasted two years there and he's been there twenty. He was of course working in his backyard and it looked so pretty! He can do amazing things with plants.
Well, congratulations Suzanne, and good luck with law school in the fall.
I'm glad you had a good weekend. I've never eaten at The Original Pancake House, but now I want to. Of course, I would probably order a wheat germ pancake and not allow myself to get something really good.
ReplyDeleteI'll never look at hippos the same after seeing the one at Hogle Zoo go to the bathroom. It was horrifying. The smells, the sights, the sounds... everything about it was an experience that I didn't need!
I'm glad you had a good weekend. I've never eaten at The Original Pancake House, but now I want to. Of course, I would probably order a wheat germ pancake and not allow myself to get something really good.
ReplyDeleteI'll never look at hippos the same after seeing the one at Hogle Zoo go to the bathroom. It was horrifying. The smells, the sights, the sounds... everything about it was an experience that I didn't need!