Thursday, March 25, 2004

Doctor appointment

Yesterday was my first doctor's visit. I took Jaida with me, so I chased her around the waiting room for an hour before we got in. They weighed me first thing and I'm pretty sure the scale said 111lbs. which makes me very happy. The last scale I stepped on I was around 116lbs. Anyway, we got into the room, and Jaida found out that she could open the door all by herself. So I held her and then sat down and helped her with her sticker book while the nurse asked me all sorts of questions about my families health history - I think I said "no" about 50 times. She asked me if I was on birth control, I said yes because I was. Then she asked me if I missed one of my patches...? I said, "No...?"

So then I had to strip down into the poncho with another little piece of material to cover my bottom half. Jaida wanted to sit on my lap so I read her a story while we waited for Dr. Fielding (no relation by the way). How he could be so happy at 5pm was beyond me, probably because I was his last patient of the day. He let Jaida sit to the side of me and said, "Okay, hold on." That's when he started to move the chair back down. Okay, Jaida just about had a come apart - I thought she was going to pull my little bed sheet off me. The nurse picked her up and Jaida hugged her around the neck like she was never going to let go. So the nurse took Jaida out front to the two receptionists. When she came back she said she was so happy to have a little girl hugging her she almost didn't want to let go. :) My cute little baby. :)

So the visit went as normal and they gave me my congratulations packet and I told them I would always try to find a baby sitter from now on. You know how you have a bunch of questions to ask your doctor but forget what they are when you get there? That's me everytime. This time, I'm just going to call and ask when I think of them.

Monty got home at 6pm and started packing for his training day up at the Murray Sherriff's Office. Nik didn't pick him up 'til about 8:30pm and then they headed up to stay at Tara's house for the night. They had to bring work out clothes, and a mouth piece. Monty thinks they'll probably get pretty beat up, but that's good, someone needs to kick his ego around once in awhile.