Yesterday I didn't go to work. Instead me, Monty and Jaida went to Zion Canyon. It was the first time we used our National Park Pass. Monty and I were both starving by the time we reached LaVerkin, and Jaida was hungry and crying in the back - she fell asleep just outside of Springdale. It was cold the whole way down and I was wearing long pants and a sweatshirt (Monty was in shorts!). When we finally reached the visitor's center we parked, pulled out the food, and ate. Jaida ate and played in the little stream running through the parking lot. I was so hungry I but could barely eat a small sandwich without throwing it up.
After lunch we walked to the visitor's center and looked around for a bit. The shuttle buses weren't running yet so we drove to the big lodge. There we walked over to the horse corrals - no horses. So we walked back to the big lawn and just hung out and relaxed. I wasn't feeling well so we couldn't take any of the hikes. The lodge had nice rocking chairs out front that you could just sit in and relax, and the big tree made big, big shade. :)
Then we got in the car and drove around a little more. Since we couldn't do any of the hikes and I had to be back by a certain time we decided to head out. We did stop in Sprindale and walk around for awhile. Monty loves to go in and look at all the shops so we went into one. I hate going in them because they all have the same things and they never change, and we never buy anything. We do want to go back and try a piece of Bumbleberry Pie.
Jaida and I fell asleep on the way back to Cedar. When we got there I had to go to Robert's Craft to get decorations for enrichment night. I got 18 hellium balloons and some table decorations. When we got home Emmett was at our house. He said that he'd gotten off at noon and came over to our house. No one was home so he just sat out on the porch. Luckily Misty came over at 2pm to let the dogs out and let Emmett in. We didn't get back 'til almost 5pm so he would have been waiting a really long time.
Enrichment night was pretty fun. The decorations turned out really cute and the room was very festive. We played Jeopardy - having to guess who certain people in the ward were with clues of "something that no one know's about you." It was hard but fun.
Monty recorded Survivor for me so when I got home I got to watch the great competition and then Colby get voted off. I still think it should have been Jerri or SheeAnn. Oh well.