A couple of weekends ago we were on our way to Great Basin National Park. We had to stop at and get gas and while Monty went in to get popcorn and drinks I decided I didn't want to drive 2.5 hours to get there. So when he got back we decided to go to Snow Canyon State Park instead. It was raining on the way down, but when we got there the sun came out. The road through the canyon is only five miles so we knew it wouldn't be a long day. The first stop we made was at the small sand dunes. Jaida took off her shoes and was running all over. It was really nice because the rain had made the sand damp and we could make little sand structures. I should have went back to get my camera, but I was too lazy.
The next stop we made was for lunch. There was a small rest area type place with picnic benches and grass. Well, we ended up eating in the car because it started raining really hard. The rain lasted about fifteen minutes so we got out and walked around a bit. We saw a bunch of quail walking around and started to follow them. We were also on the lookout for desert turtles - the photo in the brochure said they lived in the park, but I'm sure hardly anyone see's them.
Our final stop was to the lava caves. The hike was nice and cool, the views were beautiful, and Jaida walked almost the whole time. When we finally got to the cave there was a couple of families already there with about six kids - all under the age of five. They all started to climb down into the cave, adults and children. One of the boys fell, and cried the whole rest of the time they were down there. Well we followed them down and I got some really cool pictures. When I figure out how to post pictures on here I will put some up. The cave went back pretty far and luckily Monty had his flashlight so we could see a little better. Outside and across from the cave was a small rock hill that had little holes all over you could climb in and interesting waves all over in the rock. I'm not explaining it very well, but it was really cool. That was the end of the trail so we started back for the car. Jaida wanted to play with the ants, so we kept having to pull and push her a long the trail. At one point the trail forked and there was a trail marker right in the middle of it. I started running so Jaida would hurry and follow. When she started running she looked back over her shoulder. Monty yells, "Tanya!" So I look back, and Jaida looks forward just in time to smack head first into the trail marker. I think she stumbled back and fell she hit it so hard. It wasn't funny at first, but as I was carrying her and we were hurrying along the trail we couldn't help laughing. It was pretty hilarious, because we both saw her turn and hit the pole. A little later she was back to herself and walking hurriedly behind me. This part of the trail started to get a bit rocky and she fell and hit her knees on some of the rocks. So it was back to carrying her some more. When we finally made it back to the car we decided to head on out and about two minutes later Jaida was out like a light.