Dear Kylan,
A couple weeks ago we went under the bridge and the water was completely iced over! After a few 40-50 degree days we all went for a walk, again to the bridge. You, Joey and Dad walked out onto the ice which had melted a lot since we were last there. I stayed with Keira and took pictures. I think I snapped this pic right before you FELL IN! I think you just got to close to the edge, slid off and slowly started sinking. Dad hurried over and grabbed your one hand you had reaching out. He brought you up to me and we quickly stripped off your clothes. You were SO cold! We put your jacket on, wrapped you Keira's blanket and rubbed you until you were warm. I had you all bundled and you said, "Dad got me." "Dad saved you huh?" And you nodded your head up and down. It took you about two minutes and you were warm and having fun again. So we decided to walk the entire trail back to the house, brrr that was a little too cold and too long.
(On a side note as we were reaching the first house past the park four police cars came zooming to that house and a bit later an ambulance. Someone had passed away.)
Grandma Fielding told us to keep an eye on the boys and not to let them go near the ice in case it breaks so we'll just keep this story on the down low. ;)
Below is a picture of the ice the first time we went to the bridge.



I thought that was Joey. He is getting big.
ReplyDelete