Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I'm Not Five Yet

Dear Joey, this year you got to have a friend birthday party and boy was it crazy! We had six little boys running around like crazies in addition to our five. We only played two games because everyone just wanted to play with toys and do their own thing. It kind of reminded me of nursery: breaking up fights, telling kids to share, kids telling on other kids... But Joey you had a great time and you have some really great friends.  I can't believe all the awesome toys your friends and family gave you!

When Grandma called you and asked how old you were you said, "Four."  I said, five! And you said, "I'm not five yet."  You're birthday hadn't happened, so you weren't five yet.

I keep asking Monty, "Are all little boy parties like this?" This was my first boy party and it was like night and day compared to all my girl parties. The great thing is that I have the next one all planned out: bring out all the kids' toys, put food on the table and just watch all the playing happen for a couple hours. Almost no planning or cost involved. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment