Now that I am even older and have kids I really could care less what day a Holiday is celebrated on. However I read an article today that I enjoyed.
Celebrate holidays whenever you chooseCall me a crazy Bible wielder, but I love my God and am grateful that I live in a country that allows us to celebrate holidays whenever we choose!
For those who criticized those who hold their celebrations on a Saturday instead of the Sabbath: Celebrate any day you choose. This is still the United States, land of the free.We also have that right. We choose to keep the Sabbath day holy. We were told this by God, one of the commandments in fact.
Why would you want to gripe about people doing what they were told by God? Some have their Sabbath on Saturday, some on Sunday. If you choose not to care, by all means hold your celebrations on the Sabbath. God said if you love me keep my commandments.
I have heard it said by some they will slam the door in the faces of children choosing to trick or treat on Saturday. That's your right also, but shame on you. For me I choose to serve my God. What a wonderful place Utah is, full of different faiths and beliefs. Please try to respect what others hold dear.
Right on!
ReplyDelete