Hopefully I'll get some pictures to post. I didn't even think of bringing my camera this time. For Halloween this year, Jaida is a ghost, Kayla is a unicorn, Joey is a frog, I am an overweight baseball player, and Monty is an mma fighter.
Kayla was going to be a bat so we were driving around looking for all the stuff to make her costume and at the DI we found the perfect unicorn costume for only $8! Less than we were spending on her bat costume. She was so excited and has worn it everyday since we got it.
Our awesome old navy costume - the frog costume is being used once again by the kids.
Okay, so back to the party. The primary decided to do a Pumpkin theme for all our games. Pumpkin Bowling, Pumpkin Golf, Pumpkin Ring Toss, and a Pumpkin Toss. Of course the Relief Society, Young Women, Young Men, Missionaries and Scouts all had games too. We had a great turn out and everyone seemed to have a great time.
The missionaries were doing a game where everyone would tie a balloon to their ankle and then on the count of three everyone would try popping everyone else's balloon. So I didn't think about it at the time, but maybe that's not the best game where little girls are involved.
I overheard a lady telling her husband that a little girl was running down the sidewalk crying trying to run home and that she was going after her. Of course I thought nothing of it.
Come to find out it was Kayla the Unicorn running down the sidewalk as fast as she could go - she saw the lady coming to get her and sped up.
When I finally got to her, Monty had gotten her back safely and she was in the primary room under a chair crying. I kept asking her all sorts of questions and finally found out what had happened. Sobbing she said, "I was laughing and playing around with my balloon and all of a sudden someone stepped on it and POPPED it!"
I of course said, "Kayla that was the point of the game."
"NO IT WASN'T!"
Who am I to reason with a five year old who's balloon was viciously stepped on and popped? So I went and got her a new balloon and instantly recieved a smile - all was better. Kayla was happy the rest of the night and even the next day told me that "the party last night was the funnest ever!"
The other funny thing was the only games Kayla played were pumpkin bowling and the balloon game. She just ran around the rest of the time watching everyone else. Joey had all the girls in the primary taking turns playing with him and walking him around. Jaida ran around with all her friends playing all the games and having fun. That's one thing I love about our Halloween party - for the most part I can just let my kids run around and I don't have to worry about them.
No comments:
Post a Comment