I had just gotten home and was trying to get Jaida in the house. I had Kayla in one hand and coats and diaper bags in the other hand. Jaida would not come in the house. I told her that we would go on a walk if she would come in the house and let me get something to eat first. Plus I really had to go to the bathroom. Leaving Jaida standing there, I ran in the house, set Kayla down, and ran to the bathroom. I was just going to take a minute, but then there was no toilet paper! Well, it took longer than I thought, and when I got outside Jaida was nowhere in sight. I ran down my condos and looked behind them walking behind the next row and out the other side. It was only when I got to the front of the condos that I started to panic a little bit. I had no idea where to look next, and if I went the wrong way that was more time Jaida had to keep going whichever way she had gone. I was also starting to get really mad. Why does she always run off?!
As I got up to the main road leading into the condos I thought, “There is no way she would go down that way.” As I was trying to decide which way I should go a Saturn suv was driving up the road. Looking inside I could see a man driving, a woman in the passenger side, and a little girl sitting on the woman’s lap. That little girl was Jaida!
My panic and anger suddenly turned into relief! It was my visiting teacher and her husband. They were driving down
Jaida was crying all the way back to our house and all the way up to her room. When she came out of her room I sat down and talked to her about what she did. We both cried a little bit and she kept giving me hugs. Needless to say we did not go for that walk.
The worst thing is that I know that this is not the last time it will happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment