Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sitthichai Family Reunion 2010

I just got to looking at this photo and Maia is the only Chaston...where was Tara, Eric, Garrett and Cody?

This year we stayed at Temple Hill Resort in Manti. Instead of me writing about everything I will write what others said. Arie emailed everyone asking us to tell about it and what was our favorite part. So here are the answers:

Suzanne:
The reunion was really fun! It was at Temple Hill campground right behind the Manti Temple so we could see the temple all lit up at night, which was cool. Tanya organized "secret cousins" so each cousin got secret gifts from someone during the reunion -- obviously they totally loved that! She also prepared a bunch of really funny games and paired an adult with a kid for each game, which was really funny. One of them was attaching an empty kleenex box to a belt that the competitor had to wear, then filling the box with ping pong balls so they had to shake their butt all around to get all the ping pong balls out. Yeah...I'm sure you can imagine that was pretty funny.

I'm not a very fun person, so my favorite part (lame, I know) was actually the way Tanya organized the meals. She just assigned one meal to each family and had them be in charge of the whole thing -- deciding what to have, bringing all the needed food, cooking it, and
cleaning up. Genius!

The kids had a total blast running all over and playing at the playground and swimming pool. All the adults enjoyed sitting under the canopy on the camping chairs just visiting.

Tara:
I really liked the location because it was very grassy and the kids could run around and play frisbee, catching baseballs, and just running around in general without getting totally dirty. We (Eric, Monty, and I) took the older kids on a hike to search for a geocache. We were totally unprepared with flip-flops etc. to be hiking around the mountain looking for a geocache. It was kind of a difficult hike as well, with a steep climb to the top of a hill. When we finally got to it I gave all the kids a little "prize" to exchange with whatever treasures were found in the cache.
Unfortunately, it was COMPLETELY raided and there wasn't much in it, so the kids just kept the prizes I gave them. It was still fun, though.

Mom:
We bought a new movie camera and I took movies of the "Minute to Win It" games. I will bring it with me so you can see all of the crazy games we played. I should have taken more, but at least I got some.

There was a swimming pool. We all had a chance to go swimming at least once. They also had a fun playground for the kids.

On Sunday, I took anyone who wanted to go on a tour of the temple grounds. We stopped at different locations and I told stories and showed pictures. It was very nice.
We were in charge of Friday night's dinner. We cooked a big pork roast in the crock pot and then had dutch oven potatoes and carrots with it. Everything was devoured! We were so happy.

Suzanne and Quinn fixed peach cobbler for breakfast. Tanya and Monty had a big hoagie sandwich spread for lunch. Julie and Emmett fixed Mexican food for Saturday's dinner. That night all of the parents spotlighted their children. It was neat. I think all of the children felt really special because of the nice things that their mom and dad's said about them. They were all quiet just sitting around listening to everyone's stories.

Sunday, Eric and Tara fixed french toast and bacon and sausage for breakfast.

I had a craft project for the kids. Tan helped the boys (and some of the girls) make Indian headbands with feathers in the back. I had the girls making those flower clips that everyone is wearing in their hair. They loved it. Even the Mom's were making them.

It was a really fun and special reunion. Glom and his kids came too, and my cousin, Richard Johnson and his wife, Inna Mae (another wonderful name).

I wish you and Mike could have been there. That was the only bad part--you guys weren't there.

Me:
I loved all the same things that everyone else wrote about but I think my favorite was also hearing the "spotlights" on all the kids. I wrote a bunch of questions for the parents and had them spotlight their kids on what they have been doing for the last year. It was cool to hear things like their fav food, what they like right now and what they have done/said that they're parents are proud of. Mom was right when she said that the kids loved it. When it was Maia's turn she was telling everyone to be quiet. :) It was funny.

Julie:
My favorite part was the games that we played. I really didn’t want to play games at first but they were so fun and FUNNY. Also, I think you all know that I really enjoy just hanging out taking to my family while the kids have a blast playing together. It make me happy.

And of course I LOVE food so that was a plus that everyone made such yummy food.

- - - - -

I'm glad I got all of those comments! I can't believe it, but I hardly took any pictures! Julie and Dad will have to send me theirs.

Picture #1
Obviously the group pic, well, minus the Chaston's and Chris.
Picture #2
Julie and Emmett cooking their MOST AWESOME taco dinner.
Picture #3
Coming back from the geocache hike. Starting from the top of the pic: Tara, Monty, Kayla, Chris, Eric and Garrett.
Picture #4
The kids and Mom in front of the Manti Temple.
Picture #5
The kids dressed up in their Indian head bands
Picture #6
Prae and Garrett. It was the funniest thing! Prae was playing catch with Garrett, and Garrett was telling her how to play. All of a sudden I hear, "Don't you know what wait means?" In a completely serious voice Prae says, "Yes, but I through the ball before you said wait." I started laughing so hard, Prae looks over and smiles. She was such a good sport, she played with him for a long time. He was showing her all kinds of throwing-the-baseball moves.
Picture #8
Richard Johnson and his wife, Inna Mae
Picture #9
My most cutest little boy!

My kids had so much fun. The first night in the tent Jaida says, "This day was short but it was the funnest day ever!" (I'm sure I got that wrong and Monty will correct me)

THANKS EVERYONE FOR A GREAT TIME!

1 comment:

  1. She said, "Today was short, but I loved this day!"

    You asked for it.

    ReplyDelete