Saturday, May 01, 2010

Handcuffs Are For Professional Use Only

Last Saturday I was trying to find my tweezers - my eyebrows needed some attention. I couldn't find them so I thought, well, I've got some wax, I'll try and wax them. After painfully ripping the wax from my eyebrow I thought I had ripped my entire eyebrow off!!! Luckily it was just half my eyebrow. You can't really tell because it just took out all the filler eyebrow (if ya know what I mean...) I haven't said anything to anybody, and nobody has said anything to me, so I'll just leave it at that - and NO I'm not posting a picture.

Okay, so I come out of my room after this unfortunate accident, and Kayla is standing on her tip toes looking through our junk drawers. In a split second I thought, "Why is she standing like that?" Then I look down and SHE HAS HANDCUFFS AROUND HER ANKLES!!! For some reason I got so mad (I was still upset about my halfbrow) and then I find Kayla shackled and we have NO KEY! The key is at work with Monty where the handcuff's should be.

At first I thought, "Wow, I could have the most peaceful day if I just left her shackled..." But then since I'm mother of the year I decided I should either go outside and see if there is a cop sitting on our street or take her into Monty's work...No cop on the streets this morning so it's Monty's work.

The longer she had them on the funnier it got. If you know Kayla, you KNOW that it was lucky for me that she was in her underwear. Jaida got all motherly and was helping her jump, hobble and crawl around the house. I told Kayla to go and put socks on so they wouldn't hurt her so bad. She kept saying, "Oooooh why did I put these on so tight!" Which I would reply, "You shouldn't have put them on at ALL!"

So the picture above is of Kayla and Joey crawling to their room to get clothes on Kayla - Jaida is already there getting things ready. While we're getting everyone ready to go Joey dumped the ENTIRE new bag of potato chips onto the kitchen floor. I made he and and Jaida pick them up and they ate as they went - gross...hahaha!

So they get Kayla in a skirt, shirt, socks and shoes. I carry her out to the car and Joey comes up and is soaking wet from playing in the gutter! I change his shorts and Jaida decides to stay at the house and wait for us.

So we finally get to Monty's work and he's waiting outside for us - with his camera. He's the one that got the good shots of Kayla.


I really think she learned her lesson on this one, and hopefully Monty won't leave his tempting "professional use only" work items laying around the house - 'cuz I KNOW Joey will think his turn is next!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad it was another professional use item - a gun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! I know it was a pain at the moment but this is one of those great stories that you will tell about her forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great! I know it was a pain at the moment but this is one of those great stories that you will tell about her forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad it was another professional use item - a gun!

    ReplyDelete