


We just got baby chicks today - four. Dawn is Jaida's, Sprinkles is Kayla's, Caroline is Joey's and Eloise is Kylan's. The kids are SO excited!! Kayla will only leave them for a few minutes at a time and just hovers over them talking, cooing, petting and playing with them.
At the store they gave us a happy meal looking box with the four chicks - the whole way home Jaida and Kayla were fighting over who got to hold the chicks. The guy at the checkout said that next time we should ask for two boxes.
I guess that for all the chickens my family had growing up, I don't think we lost any by handling them too much...or did we??
The chicks are so cute - too bad they grow up and get ugly. Eloise walks around for a bit and then all of sudden stops, falls asleep and wobbles around. It's really funny.
Eloise? So you've named them then? How can you tell them apart? Well, that sounds like so much fun. I hope you are able to build the hen house OK.
ReplyDeleteThey all look different! Cal-Ranch and six or seven different varieties.
ReplyDeleteI remember the all yellow chicks we would get and we'd tape a piece of paper on their backs with their name...I think that even when these chicks get older we'll still be able to tell which is which.
They all look different! Cal-Ranch and six or seven different varieties.
ReplyDeleteI remember the all yellow chicks we would get and we'd tape a piece of paper on their backs with their name...I think that even when these chicks get older we'll still be able to tell which is which.
Eloise? So you've named them then? How can you tell them apart? Well, that sounds like so much fun. I hope you are able to build the hen house OK.
ReplyDelete