
Yay, I finally had the baby! On Tuesday I was starting to have contractions. They were random and small, but I could tell that they were definitely contractions. I woke up about 4:30am and was having contractions, but finally at 4:55am I looked at the clock and started timing them. They were happening about every 5-7 minutes. A little after 5:30am I woke up Monty and told him I was having contractions and that I thought that today was the day. I got on the computer and started emailing and finishing up on some last minute things. Jaida woke up at 6am for some reason... By 6:30am I was pretty sure I was having the baby today and was ready to head to the hospital. I wanted to get there in time to get all the antibiotics I needed.
I drove myself to the hospital and left Monty to get Kayla and Joey ready to go to Bobbie's house and Jaida off to school. When I got to Labor and Delivery, Cheryl, that used to be in our ward was sitting at the desk. It's kind of funny when you go into the hospital - I always feel like I have to justify why I think that I am going into labor. I feel like if my reason isn't good enough they won't check me to make sure.
After what took FOREVER! They finally admitted me and I was able to call Monty. When I called, Bobbie was already at our house helping to get the kids ready to go to her house.
My nurse, Hilary was great. I got my epidural by Dave who told me he thought I was Thai - he must have saw my maiden name or something?? Anyway, at about 10:30am Dr. Gatherum came in and broke my water and after waiting and waiting and waiting, calling people, and texting people, I was ready to have the baby. Dr. Gatherum came in wearing this camo dr. hat with a smiley face and also had the words, "Stay Calm." It took about three minutes of pushing for a purple baby to appear - 1:40pm!
Monty cut the cord and then they wrapped him in a towel and gave him to me. Talk about easy work for the doctor. They couldn't get him to cry very hard and so went about with all the measuring, weighing, shots, and eye gel. They have started doing everything in the labor room with the mother so I even got to watch Monty give him a bath.
We were only allowed four adult visitors so Misty, Judy, and my mom and dad got to visit us at the hospital. The kids got to come and just look through the window at the baby.
Congratulations Tanya!!
ReplyDelete