Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Jaida Starts Kindergarten


Jaida started kindergarten today! We were all so excited. She got up at 7:00am, took a shower, ate breakfast, finished her homework, took some photos, and headed out to the bus stop.

As she was getting on the bus Kayla started crying saying, "Jaida, don't go". By the time the bus was moving Kayla was bawling her eyes out and reaching for the disappearing bus. She didn't stop crying until we got inside the house.

When Jaida got home she couldn't remember anything she did at school. We had to play 100 questions to get the tiniest of information out of her. She did have fun though, and I sure hope she likes school since she'll be going for a LONG time.

10 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, I forgot that she was starting kindergarten.
    That's crazy--she's getting old! Time Flies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:07 PM

    Hey Tanya, didn't you cry too when Jaida got on the bus? I cried with each one of my kids and then I beat the bus to school just to make sure they got off the bus and into the right class room! Guess I am over-protective.

    Grandma Judy (which one?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This must be Grandma Fielding - and we all know how I know that. :)

    Nope, no crying. The only crying came from Kayla who was a lot more distraught than any of us. Maybe Monty shed a tear.... I'll have to ask him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:05 PM

    Jaida looks so cute in her "first day of kindergarten" picture!
    That's funny that Kayla was upset about Jaida leaving. When does Kayla start preschool?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kara's son started kindergarten too. It seems so weird to me that these little babies are getting so old! How did you let that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, ha, ha...I don't know, but I'm probably only one of a few that is excited that my kids are growing up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, ha, ha...I don't know, but I'm probably only one of a few that is excited that my kids are growing up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kara's son started kindergarten too. It seems so weird to me that these little babies are getting so old! How did you let that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Tanya, didn't you cry too when Jaida got on the bus? I cried with each one of my kids and then I beat the bus to school just to make sure they got off the bus and into the right class room! Guess I am over-protective.

    Grandma Judy (which one?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This must be Grandma Fielding - and we all know how I know that. :)

    Nope, no crying. The only crying came from Kayla who was a lot more distraught than any of us. Maybe Monty shed a tear.... I'll have to ask him.

    ReplyDelete