What a crazy day I had. Woke up and went downstairs to exercise while watching Amazing Race. About 7:45am I get a call and it's my parents singing Happy Birthday to me. I start working and get a few Happy Birthday emails and then one with the subject, "Dad's Retiring". I keep working and ignore it thinking it's a forwared. When I finally read it I'm thinking, "No way this is a joke." So then all the sisters start emailing and awhile later I get a phone call from my dad confirming it.
Monty brings home Bajio Grill for lunch - there's no way I'm taking the girls out to eat. :) Kayla gets a hold of Monty's razor, climbs into her crib and cuts her thumb - she's bleeding pretty bad but doesn't even cry. About 15 minutes later she starts picking at the loose skin and then screaming. This went on for at least an hour.
Monty leaves for work and I get the kids ready to go to YW with me. I got outside to put their shoes on to leave and Jaida had peed her pants. So we go in the house to change her, come back out and Kayla was playing in the mud. AAAAHHHH! We finally make to YW and we're in charge of YM/YW. It was all planned out and everyone had fun playing "Do you love your neighbor". My kids ran around like chickens with their head cut off the entire time!
We get home and I start folding our entire house of laundry while watching The Unit. I get two great Birthday calls and one Birthday visitor, put the kids to bed, finish the laundry, and go back to work until 1am.
After telling Suzanne about my day she said, "Well at least you weren't sitting around the house bored all day." VERY TRUE. It wasn't the greatest birthday but at least it wasn't the boringest. :)
My how our birthday's change the older we get. Hey Tara, remember at one of our many Birthday party's spent at the Homecoming games you three your hat to me, it hit me and gave me a black eye? I can still picture the white hat coming right at my face. :)
p.s. I don't care if boringest isn't a word.
No comments:
Post a Comment