We went to Moab last weekend for a wedding. I was so excited until I heard it would be cold. We got a hotel room with a big pool in the back and went swimming everyday. We got to Moab on Friday - I sat in the back in between the car seats all the way...boy was that squishy ;). First we stopped at Monty's grandma's house and then got to go to the rehearsal dinner/bbq. It was in the groom's mom's backyard and had a beautiful pond with fish. So of course the entire time we were there me, Monty, or Judy were chasing Kayla away from the pond....that cured my want for ever having water in my backyard! That night after the kids were asleep Monty and I went down to the big hot tub - it was outdoors and even though it was raining the water was nice and hot. Even the swimming pool, which Monty and I swam in for awhile was pretty warm.
The wedding was really nice...congratulations Dean and Heather!
Some funny things:
We were driving to the wedding and Jaida was sitting in her seat talking to herself. She was saying, "Apple, red; sky, blue, cloud, white; pee pee, yellow, eew, gross..., sorry mommy."
At the rehearsal dinner Monty had just sat down with his plate of food and I handed Kayla to him so I could get my food. She was reaching for his food so he slid his chair back to get the food out of her reach. As soon as Monty sat back Kayla reached out her leg and kicked the plate of food, catapulting the food all over both of them.
Jaida was gathering flowers outside while we were getting ready to leave. She says, I'm giving these to great grandma. She goes in the house all excited and says, "Here grandma." Great Grandma looks at the flowers and says,"I don't want those, those are weeds...I'm allergic to them." Nobody knew what to say after that.
That's exactly like things my grandma used to say to me when I was small. The flowers I collected were weeds or the feathers I found were from disgusting and diseased birds. Moab pictures look fun though!
ReplyDeleteThat's funny! I remember you telling stories kind of like that about your grandma...wonder if I'll be like that. :)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait until I'm old enough to say whatever I want, when I want and all those young whipper-snappers around me can just deal! Wait a minute.....maybe I think I'm that old already. :)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait until I'm old enough to say whatever I want, when I want and all those young whipper-snappers around me can just deal! Wait a minute.....maybe I think I'm that old already. :)
ReplyDeleteThat's funny! I remember you telling stories kind of like that about your grandma...wonder if I'll be like that. :)
ReplyDelete