What a crazy year I've already had. Last Friday we went and signed the papers for our house and learned that we needed $1,177.00 to close. Those weren't closing costs they were pre-paid taxes and insurance and whatever else they could think of. Anyway, we got that taken care of but still wouldn't be able to move in until Monday. I've had my niece and nephew Thursday night, Friday, and Saturday morning. Maia loves to torture the dogs - which drives Sammo into his psycho fits - and she loves to torture the other kids. You can even see the smirk of satisfaction when one of the kids starts crying. Tara and Eric got back on Saturday. We cleaned the apartment, went and looked at the new house, went and ate lunch, and then they left for SL. A couple of hours later Julie, Emmett and their kids got to my apartment, and then about 2o minutes later Shay and Judy show up. We started packing boxes, and Emmett started cooking. Emmett and Julie stayed the night, they and the kids all sacked out in the living room. ET and Nyah slept in sleeping bags and Jaida slept by Julie and Emmett on the futon. Me, Monty, Jaida, and Kayla got up and were about 30 minutes late to church. Emmett also cooked lunch for us when we got home. We packed a little more and that was about it. Emmett and Julie left, but Judy was staying until Tuesday. Monday we packed a little more and cleaned the bathrooms, blinds, and windows. We also went and looked at fridges and stoves. Monday we didn't get the keys to the house.
Tuesday I got home from work and Monty and I went and got a Uhaul. Nobody wanted to get one - they wanted to use trucks and tarps to cover everything up. Well, I'm glad I was pushy and got my way because it ended up snowing on and off all day. At 3:30pm we got the okay to go into the house. Monty and Tim went and scraped the ceiling. I took the kids over and you couldn't even see the carpet! It was covered with snowy, 70's ceiling crap. I took my camera to take a picture and never took one. Jaida was tired and hungry and screamed her guts out for a good 45 minutes. So I took the kids home and put them to bed.
Sunday Monty gets ordained to an Elder and then about an hour after that he will bless Kayla. So this weekend we'll have even more people at our house. It's okay though, it will be fun.
Kayla's blessing invitation.
Kayla is so cute!! She loves it when you talk or sing to her and gives big smiles all the time! She rarely cries, and sits quietly in her swing or car seat to people watch.
So is your ceiling all smooth now? I hate that popcorn ceiling stuff.
ReplyDeleteDo you have any decorating plans or are you just moving in and seeing how it goes from there? I think it would be fun to have a slightly older house to mess around with. When I moved into my house it was brand new so I didn't dare paint, which I would totally do if I had a previously lived-in home. Just to experiment.
No decorating plans, just fix it plans. It would be fun to play with the house if I had an unlimited spending account. :) Guess I'll be headed out to garage sales this spring.
ReplyDeleteNeil
ReplyDeletehttp://www.agonotheta.com/
Congratulations! That's a huge step (at least to me). Is there anything you need? I'd like to buy you a house-warming(?) gift since I didn't buy you either a graduation or baby gift.
I might have some bookcases and some other furniture items that I'll be getting rid of when I move, if you wanted to look at them. If you were interested, I'd give them to you... FOR FREE!! I have 2 or 3 bookcases and I have a roll-top desk that I'm getting rid of. I already donated my futon to DI. We're trying to scale down some of our belongings so we don't have to move them all.
ReplyDeletePaint doesn't cost a lot, so if you wanted to play with some different paint colors, that might help in making the house your "own". My in-laws just painted one wall in their dining room and it gave the room a lot more personality. I'd even come help you paint if you wanted.
Neil, you don't have to get us a house-warming gift. However you could come down and help us put in a backyard. :) I'm just kidding, I wouldn't make you do that!
ReplyDeleteJill, I would love to come and look at your bookcases and furniture - we have so many books! I am sorry, but after this weekend, I will never again think of painting (see
I Hate Painting).
Neil, you don't have to get us a house-warming gift. However you could come down and help us put in a backyard. :) I'm just kidding, I wouldn't make you do that!
ReplyDeleteJill, I would love to come and look at your bookcases and furniture - we have so many books! I am sorry, but after this weekend, I will never again think of painting (see
I Hate Painting).
Neil
ReplyDeletehttp://www.agonotheta.com/
Congratulations! That's a huge step (at least to me). Is there anything you need? I'd like to buy you a house-warming(?) gift since I didn't buy you either a graduation or baby gift.
So is your ceiling all smooth now? I hate that popcorn ceiling stuff.
ReplyDeleteDo you have any decorating plans or are you just moving in and seeing how it goes from there? I think it would be fun to have a slightly older house to mess around with. When I moved into my house it was brand new so I didn't dare paint, which I would totally do if I had a previously lived-in home. Just to experiment.