When we started looking to buy a house I wanted something new so we woudn't have to do any painting or anything. After looking around at the market for a few months and getting desparate to get out of the apartment, we lowered our house standards quite a bit. I shouldn't be complaining, we were able to buy a house! A nice house with a garage and a big backyard. All the rooms are finished, and everything appears to be working nicely. We did have to buy a fridge, and are still looking for a stove.
Everything is so new to me. I've never had to paint by myself, fix doorknobs, texture walls...I've never even had to light a pilot light. Well, I am learning everything the hard way! Yesterday I wanted to start painting the ceiling. My brother-in-law said to use semi-gloss paint and there were two full cans in the laundry room. So I opened one up, stirred it really good and started painting. It wasn't sticking well to the ceiling, and in some places was taking off the texture. I had to push really hard on the roller to get the paint on and it seemed to be taking a lot more paint then I would have thought. I also had to keep stopping to feed Kayla or put on a movie for Jaida. It took me two hours to do the top coat of a small bedroom and the hallway. It looked really crappy, I was tired, and getting discouraged that I still had the whole living room.
We got about home 10:30 pm and Tim called me asking if I had painted a layer of primer. "Primer? Isn't texturing the ceiling basically the primer?" So anyway, that was probably my whole problem. I hate painting. I hate painting. I hate painting. I hate painting.
No comments:
Post a Comment