
Sammo is about 11 years old and he just received his first major dog fight wound.
Sammo is always trying to get out the front door as soon as it's opened. Yesterday he got out with Jaida and Joey. He was never brought back in, but after only a few minutes I heard some dog scuffle noises. I ran out the door thinking he'd gone after some kids walking by and he comes trotting up to the door from behind the cars. He looked a little scared but I thought it was just because he knew I was mad.
As he started up the front porch I could see that he had some hair missing. Looking a little closer I could see that there was a lot of hair missing.
To make a long story short I got him into the vet first thing the next morning. They shaved the hair around the cut (which made it look even bigger than before) and cleaned it out. Then Kelly (our neighbor is our vet) stapled it up.
While all this was happening Sammo's anal glands started acting up. I seriously thought I was going to throw up right there in the vet room.
Sammo has now stunk up our car and the house because the smell is not going away...solutions anyone? Besides taking him back to the vet.
Darn dog - why do the little dogs always think they are the toughest?!
Sammo is always trying to get out the front door as soon as it's opened. Yesterday he got out with Jaida and Joey. He was never brought back in, but after only a few minutes I heard some dog scuffle noises. I ran out the door thinking he'd gone after some kids walking by and he comes trotting up to the door from behind the cars. He looked a little scared but I thought it was just because he knew I was mad.
As he started up the front porch I could see that he had some hair missing. Looking a little closer I could see that there was a lot of hair missing.
To make a long story short I got him into the vet first thing the next morning. They shaved the hair around the cut (which made it look even bigger than before) and cleaned it out. Then Kelly (our neighbor is our vet) stapled it up.
While all this was happening Sammo's anal glands started acting up. I seriously thought I was going to throw up right there in the vet room.
Sammo has now stunk up our car and the house because the smell is not going away...solutions anyone? Besides taking him back to the vet.
Darn dog - why do the little dogs always think they are the toughest?!
Poor puppy dog. Hope it heals well.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry for Sammo, glad you were there when it happenned, that you could saved him.
ReplyDeleteWish he get scared to go out next time now & to get well soon =)