Friday, June 23, 2006

Proud To Be An American


"I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free, And I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me, And I gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today, 'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land God Bless the U.S.A."

On Thursday I had the opportunity to take the kids to the Cedar City airport and see a battery of the 222nd Soldiers arrive home - they have been gone for about 18 months - and stationed in Iraq for a year of that time.

Even though we only knew a few of the soldiers coming home we had a great time. It was so exciting to see the plane flying over head, land, and then drive right up to us with an American flag flying out the front window. When the first soldier stepped off the plane everyone cheered and Jaida was screaming just as loud as everyone. :) Monty was working, but luckily was able to come out from work with others as Sheriff's Office jail representatives.

The soldier in this photo is the son of one of my old coworkers - he actually had two sons come home that day.

Here is a small news video clip of that return:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=323945#

No comments:

Post a Comment