From the title of this post, you can decide if you would like to keep reading. :)
In the middle of December Monty got shoulder surgery. He has been in a sling ever since and has very limited use of his arm. Well for about the last three weeks Jaida has decided that she no longer wants to go number two in the toilet. She would much rather go in her pants. Ahh! Talk about frustrating! Not only do I have to change ALL of Kayla's diaper messes, but I for the last few weeks have also been cleaning up pretty much all of Jaida's messes too. Luckily she wouldn't do one huge thing, but it would be about three small ones a day. Looking back I really think she liked us getting mad at her and her getting in trouble for it. Monty took away everysingle one of her toys and locked them in the toy room. He also would not allow her to watch any movies. He bought her a cute little Dora umbrella and we made her a chart that she could put stickers on. Five stickers, which means pooping in the toilet five times and she got the umbrella. Well, she acted like she could care less about the toys, the movies and the umbrella! So what do you do after that? I have no idea. After talking with my mom I decided that I would just ignore it, and whatever happended, happened and I would not make a big deal out of it. Well low and behold...two days later she went in the toilet. Hopefully she will keep it up, but I'll let you know if she doesn't. :)
Since I'm hardly an expert on the subject, you can ignore my comments... but I've heard that the less of a big deal you make the toilet stuff, the easier it is for kids. My mom said that she always laughed off stuff like that and would say to us, "That's gross. I'm glad that I'm all grown up and don't do stuff like that." We wanted to prove that we were grown up too, I guess.
ReplyDeleteI don't know whether what was happened to me is the cause that makes Jaida mess up her pants though. Anyway, my mom told me that once Som borned I started to act like a baby again (drink from the bottle, talk like a baby etc.) just to make sure my mom still care about me.
ReplyDeleteMaybe it's an ordinary thing for the older ones ;)
Hope Monty will get well soon!!
Jeep
Thank you for the support and advice - it's nice to know that other people go through the same thing!
ReplyDeletehey i feel your pain. i've now cleaned up a few of my own, it's hard to laugh off, but I do try to stay calm, count to 10 or 100 sometimes annyway
ReplyDeleteThank you for the support and advice - it's nice to know that other people go through the same thing!
ReplyDeleteI don't know whether what was happened to me is the cause that makes Jaida mess up her pants though. Anyway, my mom told me that once Som borned I started to act like a baby again (drink from the bottle, talk like a baby etc.) just to make sure my mom still care about me.
ReplyDeleteMaybe it's an ordinary thing for the older ones ;)
Hope Monty will get well soon!!
Jeep
Since I'm hardly an expert on the subject, you can ignore my comments... but I've heard that the less of a big deal you make the toilet stuff, the easier it is for kids. My mom said that she always laughed off stuff like that and would say to us, "That's gross. I'm glad that I'm all grown up and don't do stuff like that." We wanted to prove that we were grown up too, I guess.
ReplyDelete