After being at work for about an hour my bosses boss came in to see how we were doing. Somehow we got on the subject of he and his wife's ages. I asked him how much older than his wife he was, "I'm not older. She is 10 months older than me." So when they got married it had to be when they were the same age. They were married on her birthday. "So if I miss her birthday I also miss our annivesary." As soon as he said 'anniversary' I thought, "Hmm, it's about the end of June, and that's when I got married..." I turned around and looked at the date on the computer and said, "Hey, today is my anniversary!"
Usually it's Monty reminding me about our anniversary so this was a first. After work I called Monty and told him I was going to the store for some food. I bought steak, crab legs, fruit, chocolate dip, and ingrediants for an amazing artichoke dip - yum. I also got Monty a Hershey's Almond candy bar. I walked in the house with the candy bar and said, "Happy Anniversary!" Monty was kind of laughing until I said, anniversary. He got a puzzled look on his face and then, "Oh, it is! I can't believe I didn't remember. I thought you were gonna say, 'Happy Father's Day.'"
Later that day he snuck off to the store and got me some mint chocolates, my favorite drink - Fresh Lime, and roses.
Dinner was great since I got to eat all the crab. :) Monty was barbequing his steaks when it ran out of propane. He tried cooking them on the stove but it was only working to make him madder. Finally he put them in the oven and they were done in about five minutes.
Happy Anniversary!
Seven Years, huh? Wow... Good job on remembering the day, though!
ReplyDeleteWow, you've beaten the odds. By that, I'm talking about the longevity, not that you remembered your anniversary.
ReplyDelete^ ^
ReplyDelete(>w<)
(ll )S
Wow, you've beaten the odds. By that, I'm talking about the longevity, not that you remembered your anniversary.
ReplyDelete^ ^
ReplyDelete(>w<)
(ll )S